Installed system not properly booting with 2.6.15 in VmWare

Today, I finally was able to complete an install of unstable as APT
has been fixed.

However, rebooting the installed system dropped me in the following:

ALERT! /dev/sda1 does not exist/ Dropping to a shell!

After some discussion with Tollef on IRC, I finally ran "modprobe
BusLogic" and the disk was detected, then I could exit the shell and
the boot completed.

So it seems that something changed in the installed initrd which makes
it not properly working with that setup....

This seems very likely to be related to 2.6.15 kernels coming in the
game as unstable installs with 2.6.14 before APT was broken ran
perfectly fine.