Re: Debian Unstable (Etch) fails to find kernel on start of install

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 10:22:58PM +0100, James Buckley wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to install Debian Unstable (Etch),

(etch is testing, not unstable.)

> but I'm unable to get over the first hurdle. The CD loads, giving me
> the Debian logo and 'boot:', but when I press enter I just get the
> error: unable to locate /install/2.6/linux (or words to that effect).

I fixed this yesterday, and the fix should be appearing in CD builds
soon.

> Does anybody have any ideas on how I could get the NetInstall CD
> working. There shouldn't be anything wrong with the disk because I've
> burnt 3 disks, including 2 different daily builds, and surley the disk
> should work otherwise they wouldn't have even released.

These are completely automatic builds, so no, it's not guaranteed that
they'll work. We have not yet done an etch installer release.

Cheers,