Debian Unstable (Etch) fails to find kernel on start of install

Hi, I'm trying to install Debian Unstable (Etch), but I'm unable to get
over the first hurdle. The CD loads, giving me the Debian logo and
'boot:', but when I press enter I just get the error: unable to
locate /install/2.6/linux (or words to that effect). When I locate the
initrd.gz file, I start it and get the error, corrupt or invalid kernel
image, and if I load vmlinuz, I get a kernel panic: unable to mount root
filesystem at block 8,1. I noticed that when I typed vmlinuz, I only got
'vmlinuz' loading, not initrd.gz as well.

Does anybody have any ideas on how I could get the NetInstall CD
working. There shouldn't be anything wrong with the disk because I've
burnt 3 disks, including 2 different daily builds, and surley the disk
should work otherwise they wouldn't have even released.

So, anyone have any clues, or anyone else experienced this problem.

Any info would be great. Cheers

Signup at www.doteasy.com