Install Sarge on a Vaio VGN-A416M

Hi everybody,

I've just bought a Sony VAIO laptop : VGN-A417M. By the way, the installer of Sarge doesn't detect my HDD because my SATA chipset (ICH6) wasn't supported in kernel 2.6.8. This is the result of "lspci" :

lspci | grep -i sata
0000:00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801FBM (ICH6M) SATA Controller (rev 03)

I'm wondering if I have to modify initrd (add new udeb modules), or modify kernel used to boot : install/2.6/vmlinuz

I've tried to modify this kernel by adding support of ICHM in the kernel but boot fails while trying to mount rd/0 (VFS cannot find root device or something like that), just before displaying the debian-installer in framebuffer.

Is there a way to install Sarge on my laptop ? ;)

Regards,

A. Hocquet