Re: Continuing problems with installer and Sager 9880

> Does anyone have any suggestions on next steps or how to get past this
> impasse?  In particularly, how might I diagnose at a finer granularity
> why partman is failing.  The only interesting messages in the logs are
> these:

I think that partman is not really failing. Your problem falls in the
general problems we have with that bloody SATA things for which the
support in the kernel and discover is jerky.

Do you have an idea of the modules combination that would work with
Linux (either flavour) with you hardware. Have you tried some live
CD's such as Knoppix or Ubuntu ones and chaecked that one of these
succeeds in finding a hard drive in your machine ?

Blame SATA, blame it, dammit....