Re: Sources vs udeb mismatch in sarge

(still not subscribed)

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 11:24:56PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > Are there otherwise issues with any of those 9 source packages w.r.t.
> > udeb's getting synced to what already happened due to the source
> > packages being let into sarge? If so, those will need to be fixed.
>
> > - util-linux:                       2.12-10 | 2.12p-4
>
> Rather more changes than I'm comfortable with, however we do only use
> fdisk from it, which is only used non-manually on an arch or two by
> partitioner.

Currently this package (the udeb fdisk-udeb) is together with glibc
(which was decided to leave as-is) the only one out-of-sync. I assume
that at this stage, this should be left like it is now? On sarge r1
rebuild of the installer, this new version *will* get introduced anyway
though[1], so it still is important to know that it doesn't break anything,
or it'll be needed to be fixed later.

What to do? Ship with the 2.12-10 udeb in sarge, and cross fingers for
the 2.12p-4[.x] version for sarge r1?

--Jeroen

[1] Well, if there's no security update, one could decide to leave it
    the same also for point releases though

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
jeroen@wolffelaar.nl