debian-installer alpha platform titan/privateer

I have a couple of Compaq ES-45's (Titan/Privateer) and the version of aboot the debian-installer* uses won't work with them.  I made a custom boot disk using a more current version of aboot and that booted fine.  Are there any plans to use a newer version of aboot in the debian-installer for the alpha platform?  If so, I would gladly test it.

* I used the debian-testing-alpha-netinst.iso built on 05/31/2005