Re: Updating the install manual info at the ddp web pages

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 07:12:06PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Monday 10 January 2005 11:35, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> > I've added this information but restructured it a bit. It should be
> > available in the next webwml run so please verify it in 6-8 hours.
>
> Thanks for doing the update Javier.
>
> I see you left the info for Woody's manual. I can see the benefits of
> that, especially as Sarge has not yet been released.
> However, it makes the introductory paragraph not fit with what follows; it
> also makes the links included in the introduction redundant.

Then we could split that information in two. Have a "Debian installation
Guide" and then a "Debian Installation Manual"

> IMHO it would be better to remove the info for Woody, especially as that
> version of the manual is no longer maintained.

Even if it's not maintained, users might still be looking for it.

> The info on "CVS sources working copy" and <CVS via web> for Woody should
> be removed in any case. Both are obsolete. I have no idea if a source
> version of Woody's manual is still available anywhere.

You are right. It does not work, seems it was moved over somewhere else.

> Some minor remarks:
> - The title we use for the manual is "Debian Installation Guide"
>                                                           ^^^^^

Fixed.

> - Would it be possible to have a <br> after "Anonymous checkout:"?
>   That would increase the chance of the full svn co statement being shown
>   on one line

Done.

> - Would it be possible to make the Web interface link into a proper
>   clickable link?

Done.

> TIA,

I've commited the changes, please review the web pages. There are still
some things that need to be changed, but it looks better now IMHO.

Regards

Javier