Re: Create software raid array during install, error when filesystems is created.

Thank you for looking into this issue.

What you describe is what I was trying to do. Did not quite understand
the basic concepts of RAID I guess, but now I think I get it.

What I did:
I marked the newly created RAID0 volume and pressed enter, and I got a
question if I wanted to create a new partiton table on it, and what
type it should be. Options was "msdos" and a whole bunch of other
types (this menu coming up is a bug?).

I then created partitions on the RAID0 volume (hda1, hda5, hda6 etc)
and this being possible is a bug too?

I tried this again this weekend and then I didnt create a partition
table on the RAID0 volume, I only changed the "filesystem type" from
the default (which I think was LVM) to ReiserFS, set the mount point
to "/", and then I could proceed creating the filesystem.

And all was well... For a bit...

GRUB failed to install in the MBR, but that is probably just the known
bug #251905. (which can be resolved by having a separate non-RAID
/boot). Didnt find time to try that but I probably will soon.

Regards
/Björn