Re: Bug

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 16:18:22 -0800, Brad Nicholas <bradn@mac.com> wrote:
> Hi there
>
> saw your debian install bug report.  i am having exactly the same
> problem on a T1742 emachines with latest sarge-rc2 and sarge-daily
> builds.   about to try woody.  Were you able to get your sound card
> working? going to try fixing the network adapter per your post.

My memory is a bit rusty now, but I believe that the sound worked after
I switched from the 2.4 to the 2.6.7 kernel.  I also passed
"pci=noacpi" to the kernel at boot time, but I don't think this is what
actually solved it.  In any case, I did get the sound card working
without doing anything too complicated.  Sorry I didn't keep better
notes than that.  If you do figure it out, a reply on-list may be
helpful to others with the same problem.
Good luck!
levi