RE: Installation Debian 3.1

Hi.

First of all thanks for your reply.  And my aplogizes for my language!  It
was late and I was angry!

I just tried your Etch Beta1. I got the following error:  Failed to load
installer component. Loading Libc6-udeb failed for unknown reasons -
Aborting.

When installing from the 2 Debian DVDs, Debian sees the following:
IDE1 (slave) All or part of it (16 GB)
IDE5 Master - 1 partition of 20GB with XP Pro os and 1 partiton of 56GB for
windows data.
IDE6 Master - 35 GB for windows data - mainly audio and video.

IDE5 is my XP disk
IDE6 is windows data disk

I select IDE1 hdb all and leave Debian to do the partioning.

It installs all correctly and at reboot, XP pro only starts up.

Regatding the re-installation of XP, I am XP administrator.

Regards

Ph. Labio