From: Lennart Sorensen [mailto:lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 2:22 PM
To: John Galatti
Cc: 'Giuseppe Sacco'; debian-boot@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: No partitionable Disks found

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 12:51:00PM -0500, John Galatti wrote:
> I am thinking about adding some hard disk drives. Will Debian recognize an
> external hard drive do you have any suggestions about which ones I should
> use for an HP d4100e

It will recognize external use/firewire drives, but I don't think the
installer or boot system will support running the system of that.  You
need a normal HD for that as far as I know.  It could be done with some
work, but it would be some work to get it to boot from an external
drive.

Don't you have any other controllers you could use for your drives
instead?

Len Sorensen