Re: wrong info on BootX and initrd kernels in installation manual?

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 10:13:24AM +0100, Hans Ekbrand wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 12:07:28AM -0800, Derek wrote:
> > I am having this same problem on my old world.Im still not quite sure
> > how to fix it.Can anyone explain exactly how I should have bootx set
> > up?
>
> I looked up the installation manual on using BootX after first stage
> installation, and it seems to suppose no initrd, which must fail AFAIK
> on recent debian kernels.
>
> http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/sarge/main/installer-powerpc/current/doc/manual/en/ch07s01.html
>
> Section 7.1.1:
>
> "If you use BootX to boot into the installed system, just select your
> desired kernel in the Linux Kernels folder, un-choose the ramdisk
> option, and add a root device corresponding to your installation; e.g.
> /dev/hda8."
>
> Am I missing something here?

That we missed you      ;-)

More serious:

The installation-guide needs to be reviewed for PowerPC.

Please join the debian-installer team to help,
at least don't feel bad about filing bugreports
against the installation-guide.

Geert Stappers
--
We don't hide problems     -- DSC