Re: Dell Dimension 3100: keyboard freezes / SATA hdd not found

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 11:30:39PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 11:06:54PM +0100, rene@tschirley.com wrote:
After some googling, I gave the 2.6 kernel a chance. Unfortunately, this
way is no better than the first, because when the kernel boots, it is
obviously unable to find the USB keyboard: the keyboard freezes
immediately. No chance to switch to another virtual console, not even
to change the NumLock state. After some more googling, I even tried the
options 'nopic noapic nolapic acpi=off pci=noacpi' with the same result.

Hmm, the latter is not a problem I've heard of before.

I'll happen if discover doesn't know about the usb controller (e.g.,
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=268434;archive=yes)

Mike Stone