Re: pciutils: NMU to create a udeb package for D-I purposes

Quoting Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org):
> On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 12:09:07PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > In #284110, Colin Watson proposes a patch used in Ubuntu to allow
> > creating a udeb package for pciutils.
> >
> > As the D-I team often needs more info about some specific hardward, it
> > would be nice to have a udeb in order to allow using lspci as early as
> > possible during installs, especially when some hardware is
> > unsupported.
>
> Now that we've switched to udev in trunk it's more than nice; it's
> necessary to be able to display network device names in netcfg (since we
> no longer get them from discover).

So, another motivation to resync with upstream pciutils.

Cleaning the build system would also be nice (help would be
appreciated, I'm not very familiar with packages providing libs...and
lintian/linda give a lot of warnings on pciutils especially for the library).