Re: Yaird, grub and d-i should also support dmraid devices.

Alle 12:05, martedì 8 novembre 2005, hai scritto:
> Marco Amadori <marco.amadori@gmail.com> writes:
> > CC:ed also maintainers of grub, dm-raid and d-i for seeing their interest
> > in supporting this task and asking this question :
>
> What are the changes need on grub and grub-install?

- Grub needs no change in case of not selecting the option "default saved";
otherwise not supporting device mapper result in an array desync and not be
able to load stage 1.5. So grub can be keep alone but we must provide a
comment in the default menu.lst, in man grub page or both to tell user about
that.

- Grub-install just need a fix to provide grub with that commands (e.g):
device (hd0,x) /dev/mapper/<dmraid_name>x+1
device (hd0) /dev/mapper/<dmraid_name>
root (hd0,x)
setup (hd0)

--