Re: ancient ieee80211/ipw2200 drivers in recent kernel (2.6.14)

On Friday 04 November 2005 09:50, Sven Luther wrote:
> We plan to change that though with the new external kernel module
> policy, and will probably add the building of a real .udeb into said
> policy. If this plan goes well, the external module .udebs will
> probably be there *before* the kernel .udebs in general :)

Sven, this really is another example of an extremely cheap shot, even with
the :)
You are again jumping on your hobbyhorse here and implying that d-i is
stupid and should really change the way kernel udebs are being build,
only a few days after I've asked you not to keep on repeating that issue
over and over again.

We know the issue exists; we've discussed it extensively in the past;
we've then concluded that there are some major issues to be solved. You
are really not helping this go forward by constantly referring to the
issue. You are only getting people annoyed at you which will at best
delay _any_ implementation of what you want to achieve and at worst lead
to you being completely ignored by the people you seek to influence by
these comments.