Re: ancient ieee80211/ipw2200 drivers in recent kernel (2.6.14)

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 01:51:24AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Horms wrote:
> > I don't have a particular problem with disabling those drivers from the
> > build. But the d-i guys might. I've CCed them for comment (and dropped
> > the netdev CC).
>
> No d-i udebs contain ipw2200 or ieee80211. The system does allow
> building udebs containing externally packages kernel modules, although
> we've not done that yet, partly because externally packages kernel
> modules rately seem to be built in time to keep up with new releases of
> the debian kernels..

We plan to change that though with the new external kernel module policy, and
will probably add the building of a real .udeb into said policy. If this plan
goes well, the external module .udebs will probably be there *before* the
kernel .udebs in general :)

Friendly,

Sven Luther