Re: Graphical installer: Great, but...

Noong Mar, Nob 01, 2005 ng 08:13:44PM +0000, sinabi ni Davide Viti:
> Hi Eric,
> > people with color-blindness ?
>
> a while ago I remember somebody who popped in #d-boot asking if it was
> possible to use certain colors during a (textual) d-i session because of
> color-blindness. It would be nice if we could take into account also such
> situations.

I am partially color-blind (red-green), myself.

There are different levels/types of color-blindness and sometimes the
color-blindness is subtle enough that the distinctions pass unnoticed
until something happens where the distinction between the two colors
is an important factor.

Isn't color control/management for the g-i distinct from the textual
d-i? Wasn't there an option for monochrome mode installs, where color
would not help in differentiation of items. I remember how difficult
it was to use colored menus on a monochrome monitor before and the
monochrome mode helped immensely.

--
___  Eric Pareja (xenos AT upm.edu.ph) | Information Management Service  [IMS]
\e/  Network and Systems Administrator | University of the Philippines Manila