Re: installer with 2.6.14 or...?

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 06:07:38PM +0200, Alexander A. Vlasov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Recently I get a new machine with RTL8201CL network card. Seems it
> requires 2.6.13 of higher kernel...
> So pleas tell me how can I build netinst iso with 2.6.14 from unstable
> or point me at existing iso.
> Thanks in advance.

Well, currently we are going to release the beta1 sometime soon with 2.6.12
kernels, once that is done, the .udeb will be migrated to 2.6.14, and the
daily builds will start building with those kernels.

I personally would appreviate if the .udebs where upoaded all together,
instead of in random disorganised order. Joeyh, you told me at debconf that it
would be a no brainer to implement an automated rebuild and upload, is this
still of actuality ?

If you need it urgently, you can build the iso yourself, by building first the
.udebs for the kernel, and then rebuild the installer image.

Another way to solve this would be to make a base install using the existing
netinst, but install unstable, or install etch and switch to the 2.6.14 kernel
after the install is done. you probably would need to redo the network
configuration by hand then though.

You could even install sarge this way, using our upcoming 2.6.14 sarge
backport packages.

Friendly,

Sven Luther