LSI Logic Megaraid

I want to install Debian 2.6.x on to a machine that has 2 SATA drives attached to a LSI Logic Megaraid SATA 150-4 controller.
From what I can make out it requires the megaraid2 driver and the megaraid2 driver is now called megaraid in the 2.6.x distributions.
I have downloaded the latest testing net install iso, but it does not detect the controller. I can see megaraid in the list of drivers that you can try, but of course since it didn't detect it to start with, it doesn't load.
Have I missed something here? Should the LSI 150-4 be detected by the 2.6.x install CD?