Re: GTK FE, hack to partman's main screen

Sven Luther wrote:
On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 09:30:29PM +0200, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:

Hi

One thing in the wishlist for the GTK frontend was make it able to display partitions as childs to disk drives in partman's main screen ("partman/choose_partition") using a GtkTreeView.
This should be done whitout having to touch partman or translated templates.
Since options describing partitions always contain four SPACE chars inside the corresponding option of the question i've used this as a flag to detect them as childs to drives. This seems to be working with all sorts of non latin languages and looks like this

Notice that Xavier Oswald, who did some skolelinux work for the skolelinux.fr
guys, will be doing a practicum with me, which aim would be to code a partman
replacement, maybe based on the gparted code, or something. This is still in
an early stage, but should be finalized well before the final etch d-i build.
He starts on november 14.

So, this is a good occasion to introduce him to you all and vice-versa.

ok, i will be pleased of that;anyway shall we keep this hack it as a temporary enhanchement to partman until a partman's replacement is ready?

ciao

attilio