Re: GTK frontend updated in SVN

Hi,

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:35:10 +0200, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> i was forgetting.. here ,as usually, is an updated unofficial mini.iso
>
> https://debian.polito.it/downloads/mini.iso

Some things to mention (from daily build 20051028):

1. several times I had an installer with all the fonts confused: the
   letters were mixed up in normal and in cursive (sorry, not sure, if
   you call it like that in english; what I mean is when the letters are
   displayed being leant to the right). There were some letters in
   normal, then some cursive, then again some normal and so on. In
   every part of the screen, so in the progressbar, in the main window,
   in the bar at the top where the actual step is explained.
   It always happened (_when_ it happened) after the step, where
   yenta_socket module is loaded for cardbus (before detecting network
   hardware). But at the end I wasn't able to reproduce this anymore,
   so - sorry, no more infos.

2. »Execute a shell« does not work. The screen freezes for ever. When I
   change manually to console 2, this works, but then when I go back to
   the installer I find him in the main menu being now in english
   (I had german before!).

3. »Abort the installation« does not work (ok, that's not that
   important :-)) The installer screen freezes. When I switch to console
   4, I see that init opens over and over new processes and kills them.

   init: Starting pid 3712, console /dev/vc/1: /sbin/debian-installer
   init: Process /sbin/debian-installer (pid 3712) exited. Scheduling it
         for restart.
   init: Starting pid 3725, console /dev/vc/1: /sbin/debian-installer
   init: Process /sbin/debian-installer (pid 3725) exited. Scheduling it
         for restart.
   init: Starting pid 3738, console /dev/vc/1: /sbin/debian-installer
   init: Process /sbin/debian-installer (pid 3738) exited. Scheduling it
         for restart.

But it's already a good piece of software!

Greetings
Holger

Created with Sylpheed-Claws 1.0.4
    under Debian GNU/LINUX 3.1 Sarge - NOW STABLE!
        http://counter.li.org/,  Registered LinuxUser #311290
		Spamfiltering by www.spamassassin.org