Re: (forw) The graphical Debian Installer for Arabic

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 07:57, Christian Perrier wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Mohammed Sameer <msameer@foolab.org> -----
> Just reporting something.
> http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/images/daily/gtk-miniiso/mini.iso
>
> The installer has problems with Arabic, The letters aren't joined.
> Just reporting it here so maybe anyone can have a look.

Thanks for your interest.

We are currently resolving some loose ends before announcing the graphical
frontend to the world (debian-devel-announce and probably debian-i18n
mailing lists).

We are aware that there are probably issues for several languages as not
very much effort has been made to configure things properly and make sure
that needed software/libraries are installed and used.

The announcement will include a request to test the frontend and a cry for
help to fix any issues that are there :-)

I suggest you wait for our announcement before you spend a lot of time on
this, although no major changes are expected before then. It's just that
we currently lack the time to follow up on issues properly.

Cheers,
Frans Pop