Re: [patch] Defining apt sources using codename instead of suite

Frans Pop wrote:
> > Nothing needs the suite if you switch to using only codenames.
>
> Hmmm. We still use the suites for asking which suite to install in
> choose-mirror. Otherwise we'd have to get the codenames (and thus all
> Release files) for all suites and build the choices list at runtime.

Actually you can find that info in the toplevel (not per-suite) Release
file, and I have a TODO item for doing it dynamically, the problem is
how to get descriptions of the available suites.

Anyway, yes we'd have to keep the question for that, but mirror/suite
wouldn't need be used for anything in d-i past that point.

--
see shy jo