Re: using d-i as ssh terminal

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 02:47:38PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Thursday 20 October 2005 12:48, Geert Stappers wrote:
    <snip/>
> > How to "multi select" that the openssh-client-udeb has to be downloaded
> > by anna?
>
> Check /var/lib/cdebconf/templates for the proper value to preseed. You
> need the full English description.

I found "anna/choose_modules", but didn't get it working.

Now I have

d-i preseed/early_command string echo anna-install openssh-client-udeb > /bin/getssh ; chmod +x /bin/getssh

The user has to switch to VT2, type `getssh`
and  `ssh user@sshhost` to get access a SSH host.

But improvements are welcome   :-)

> But are you sure you want openssh-client-udeb? Not network-console?

Yes, I'm looking for the ssh client, a terminal to a SSH host.

Cheers
Geert Stappers

P.S.
Does LTSP support text-only ssh clients?