Re: Graphical frontend: some screenshots

Frans Pop wrote:
On Thursday 13 October 2005 09:12, Viti Davide wrote:

-We should find a way to align the localised names of
languages. Probably tricky because we use a variable width font.

Don't know much about gtk programming, but I suppose it's possible to
have a gadget for creating two-column (invisible) table;
code should use the 2nd column for displaying the localised names of
Languages.

This problem is also very relevant for Partman, which uses columns both in displaying the partition table and in other dialogs.

i was some times ago thinking how to display disks and partitions in a "tree" way (like when selecting a languages on a continent-basis). I tought that drives could be "fathers" and partitions inside drives could be "childrens" in the tree: then i gave up because drives weren't easy to be detected as "fathers" at runtime.

ciao

attilio