Shortcut for debian-installer/framebuffer=false ?

Lo,

I'm in the progress of setting up a PXE-enabled preseeded installation
as many of us do. For testing purposes, I'm using VMware combined with
tftpd-hpa and dhcpd. It works like a charm.

I'm using an unpacked netboot.tar.gz (Sarge) and added stuff as
suggested by the docs (automatic installation as mentioned in the
installation manual).

label meaculpa
        kernel debian-installer/i386/2.6/linux
        append vga=normal initrd=debian-installer/i386/2.6/initrd.gz
ramdisk_size=10934 root=/dev/rd/0 devfs=mount,dall rw
languagechooser/language-name=English countrychooser/shortlist=US
DEBCONF_PRIORITY=critical preseed/url=http://192.168.65.1/symon/stable.cfg

However, VMware is rather slow with framebuffering, so I thought to
change "vga=normal" with "debian-installer/framebuffer=false". That
brought the debian-installer to a halt because the "preseed/url" got
truncated due to the maximum length of the the command line (255 chars I
guess). I read somewhere that "video=vga16:off" should work but at least
on VMware it doesn't.

Is there an abbreviated form like "d-i/fb=f" I could use? Or some other
clever way to work arround the 255 chars command line length maximum? At
least 2.6.8 has this limitation IIRC.

Thanx,

Marc.