Re: Bringing the 2.6.13 (and beyond) kernel to sid, solving ramdisk generations issues and stuff.

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 01:07:38PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 12:19:04PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > the plan for solving the ramdisk issues is done in three stages, current svn
> > 2.6.13 packages implement stage 1, i have patches for both initrd-tools and
> > initramfs-tools in svn, and the yaird folk adapted it for yaird, so we may go
> > ahead and upload those nextly (if it could be in by monday, that would be
> > nice). I will work on the last stage, the kernel-package patch, this WE, and
> > do an NMU since Manoj is unavailable for the next times and asked us to do so.
>
> initramfs-tools waits for mklibs.

Well, we can go ahead with yaird for now, what is the mklibs issue ? Or can
mklibs be disabled for now ?

> >   Broken but being worked on : s390
>
> Broken gcc or inline assembly, the IBM people expect the later. Hope
> that I get a fix from them at monday.

Ok, as said, if not, it can wait for -3.

> > The other issue is that 2.6.14 is scheduled for release in the not so distant
> > future, so we may skip uploading .13-3 to unstable and go for .14-1 directly,
> > depending on status of newly introduced breakage in .14 and such.
>
> I vote for the later.

Hehe, but this does suppose we create now another branch and start porting the
patches and configs, i see nobody volunteering to do that.

Friendly,

Sven Luther