Re: gtk+2.0-directfb FTBFS

Frans Pop wrote:
On Monday 03 October 2005 13:03, Davide Viti wrote:

Hi,
it would be really useful if we managed to recompile gtk.so against
Alastair's libraries.
So I tried to get te sources and rebuild the libs:

apt-get source libgtk+2.0-directfb0-udeb
cd gtk+2.0-directfb-2.0.9.2
fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage

but unfortunately compilation fails:

I have just done a successful build using the latest version from Alastair. From his changelog:

gtk+2.0-directfb (2.0.9.2-3) unstable; urgency=low
  * Depend on libdirectfb-0.9-22-udeb not libdirectfb-udeb
(this fixes my bug #331070)

gtk+2.0-directfb (2.0.9.2-2) unstable; urgency=low
  * Add Build-Depends: on dbs. Closes: #330753

I guess the second one was biting you.

hope this will leads us to compile against standard GTKDFB developement files to obtain a gtk.so that works with Alastair's udeb. By the way i've solved the fonts problem ( non latin fonts that were not displayed correctly ) by copying "on the fly" my old testcase on the miniiso filesystem once booted. it seems the problem is definitely related to my old libs against i've compiled gtk.so during last months: hope we'll have a standard building environement soon to get rid of those "dirty" libs..

ciao

attilio