Re: r31063 - trunk/packages/base-installer/debian

On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 03:22:01PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 01:14:54PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> > In that case log-output could be a kind of timebomb waiting to cause all
> > kinds of hard to trace bugs.
> > Would there be less risk of this if log-output were re-implemented in C?
>
> Right, looks like the shell implementation, while small, is
> insufficiently correct. I'll look at making it a simple wrapper around
> di_exec_shell_log or whatever from libd-i instead, which should be able
> to avoid most of the complicated redirection shenanigans.

Done in SVN. Of course this increased the size of di-utils by about 4KB
(I made it as small as I could while preserving the existing interface)
and required making di-utils Architecture: any; I hope nobody minds that
too much. I considered making it a separate udeb like di-utils-mapdevfs,
but since it was going to have to be on every initrd anyway there seemed
little point in requiring the consequent busy-work in the build system.

Cheers,