GTK miniiso - status and instructions for building

The frontend now builds and works for me. I've uploaded my last working
image to: http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/gtk-mini.iso

Issues I've found.
- The logo is no longer displayed after it was moved to /etc.
  In fact, /etc is not the correct place either. I've included the logo
  in the rootskel-gtk udeb (in /usr/share/graphics).
  Attilio: can you make the frontend look for it there?
- The change in country selection is broken. The frontend crashes if I
  select English and then "other" for country: the long list is no longer
  displayed correctly.

Things I've changed.
- Tarballs are now unpacked before library reduction;
- Fixed file permissions in d-i_gtk_fonts.tgz as they broke mklibs (and
  fixed them in other tarballs as well).
- Split d-i_gtk_root.tgz into d-i_gtk_root.tgz and d-i_gtk-directfb.tgz
  because the latter should be dropped when the frontend works with
  Alastair's udeb.
- There were several dependency problems which I have solved by adding
  "Provides:" in libdirectfb-0.9-22-udeb and fontconfig-udeb; these
  "NMU'ed" versions are in localudebs for now, but the proper solution
  needs to be identified and included in the official packages.

The new tarballs are at: http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/gtk-frontend/

To do:
- remove the logo and /lib/libc* from d-i_gtk_root.tgz;
- decide where the stuff that remains in d-i_gtk_root.tgz should go:
  into the rootskel-gtk udeb or into other udebs or can be dropped;
- get rid of d-i_gtk_frontend.tgz and use the cdebconf-gtk udeb instead
  (built against the correct libs).

The last will also allow easy testing of changes. If you have local
changes, just build cdebconf yourself, copy the new udeb to
build/localudebs and rebuild the image.

Instructions for building the gtk-miniiso:
* checkout the build system
  $ mkdir gtkminiiso; cd gtkminiiso
  $ svn checkout svn://svn.debian.org/svn/d-i/people/fjp/installer/
  $ cd "installer"
  $ svn checkout svn://svn.debian.org/svn/d-i/trunk/installer/debian/
* run dpkg-checkbuilddeps from the "installer" directory and make sure
  you have them installed
* copy all udebs in http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/gtk-frontend/localudebs/
  to build/localudebs
* build the image (from the build directory)
  $ fakeroot make gtk-miniiso

Cheers,
FJP