Re: Can't get past "choose your language"

On Friday 30 September 2005 23:06, Janeque Peterson wrote:
> I'm installing the full set on an older Thinkpad (390E). The first
> screen that requires any input from me asks me to choose the language,
> and after I do I'm sent back to the same screen, over and over. There
> is no error message of any kind. Does anybody know what's going on
> there?

Please tell us the exact image you are using (*full* URL for the image you
downloaded).

What language did you select? What happens if you select another language?

Also, can you switch to VT2 (use alt-F2) and type 'cat /var/log/syslog'?
Any messages there that could indicate a problem (you can scroll back up
using shift-PgUp)?

Do you see an option <Go Back> on the first screen? What happens if you
select that and afterwards select another menu option (the one after
language selection)?

Also, please file a full installation report so we can better track this
issue [1].

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template