Partitioning fails when setting up software RAID during Sarge install

Package: Debian Installer
Version: 3.1

I have been installing Debian Stable 3.1 (Sarge) onto some Dell SC1425
servers and have run into a problem with the partitioning in the
installer.

The servers have a pair of SATA drives which I am setting up in a level 1
RAID array. Once I have created the md devices and assigned a filesystem
and mount point to the array I select the option to complete paritioning
and proceed. The installer then attempts to format each partition but
fails for the RAID array devices as it expects an device name
(/dev/md/0p1) that is inconsistent with the device node created by devfs
(/dev/md/0).

I worked around the problem by using the console on tty2 to manually mknod
the necessary device to suite the incorrect naming expected in the
installer however I would not expect anyone not familiar with Linux
sysadmin to know how to do this or even that it is necessary.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		 2Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98 / month