Re: installation fails with taskel 2.31

On 9/25/05, Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> wrote:
On Sunday 25 September 2005 14:18, nidr wrote:
> Shouldn't laptop-detect automatically get installed if it's available
> and requested? Since my Packages file says Tasksel depends on it..

AFAIK laptop-detect should be installed in the first stage of the
installation during the installation of the base system.
That's what I've seen happening during all my recent installations.

If that is failing for you, there is something wrong with the CD or mirror
you are using. Could you give us information on exactly what image and
installation method you are using? The full URL (location from where you
downloaded it) for the image should be enough.

Cheers,
FJP

I've downloaded the file debian-31r0a-i386-binary-1.iso from this norwegian mirror: ftp://ftp.no.debian.org/pub/linux/debian-iso/3.1_r0a/i386/iso-cd/

-nidr