Re: 2.6.12 is in testing

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 02:39:56PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 07:45:25PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Which was a missing .udeb indeed, and quite bothersome. Not sure if it was
> > introduced by a change in the hfsplus module, or by a change in d-i. That
> > said, this is orthogonal to the issues discussed here. Also notice that if we
> > had one-module-per-udeb and automated dependency handling, this would not have
> > happened at all, so the argument cuts both way.
>
> Any idea how one would handle loading a module x that depends on module
> y being loaded first?  How is that currently handled?  Are the required
> modules always included in the same udeb as the modules that depend on
> it?

Have a look at : /lib/modules/2.6.12-1-powerpc/modules.dep

(or the equivalent for your arch), there we have a dependency list, each
module lists his dependency there, and this could be used as is for a non-udeb
single module distribution scheme, or used to build the dependencies tree.

Currently the modules are grouped per hand in .udebs, partly artificially,
partly because they belong to some wide group, and the dependencies are
handled by hand.

Friendly,

Sven Luther