Re: [Debian-in-workers] Re: GTK frontend update and maybe time for an experimental netinst cd?

Christian Perrier wrote:
Mişu:
This thread starts here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2005/09/msg00202.html
The idea is that we need a font which can display all the names of
countries/languages that  debian-installer supports which is small
enough to fit on the initrd image.

This goes a little farther than only displaying the names. The
languages should all be displayable up to the point where udebs can be
retrieved:

-from the CD on netinst images (ie the real font can only be loaded
after the cdrom modules loading and CD image controls)

-from the network on netboot images (ie after configuring the network)

(if netboot images are built some day)

you're meaning that not only the country name has to be included inside the font, but even anything else that is displayed before retriving the udebs, right? what can we do, then? maybe creating a font that contains everything in a bitmapped format, fixed size and that doesn't require so much space as the ttf fonts could be a solution?

ciao

attilio