Re: GTK DFB frontend updated testcase

 > I would be interested in that, where are the sources of the stuff
needed for
it ? I would include them in a netboot initrd locally or something.

Do you work out of the d-i svn repo or something else ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther

you must first compile directframebuffer

http://www.directfb.org/downloads/Core/DirectFB-0.9.22.tar.gz

and then the gtk library with gdk dfb backend

http://www.directfb.org/downloads/Libs/gtk+-directfb-2.0.9-2.tar.gz

(you may want to ./configure --prefix=/opt or something like that..)

then

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/lib/pkgconfig and export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/lib

then checkout cdebconf and configure it like this

./configure --with-syslog-logging --with-frontend=gtk

and modify the Makefile file where gtk.c is like this

-MODCFLAGS=`pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0`
-MODLDFLAGS=`pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0`
+MODCFLAGS=`pkg-config --cflags gtk+-directfb-2.0`
+MODLDFLAGS=`pkg-config --libs gtk+-directfb-2.0`

then run make: you should now have a gtk.so file

take all the files you've compiled this way and try to build a tarball
like d-i_dfb.tar.gz, including fonts, /etc files and other things you
may need and use it like the i386.. does it work on your ppc?

ciao

attilio