Re: partitioning

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 01:38:32PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 07:58:39PM +0300, wency mumala wrote:
> > I have been trying to install debian woody on a dos formatted partition
                                         ^^^^^

> > of my toshiba 1805-s274 which has 2 partitions windows xp(16gb) and
> > free (4gb dos formated).
> >
> > when i get to the partioning screen, all i see is the partition table
> > which shows the 2 partitions above.
> > Absolutely nothing else!
> > Somehow, the systems seems to expect some input from me.
> > I would have expected something like press S to select or Format or ....
> >
> > How do specify the partition and proceed.
>
> You could select the dos partition and ask it to delete it, since you
> can't install to a dos partition.  You need unpartitioned free space to
> make partitions in for linux.

Yep, that will work with woody versions also.

For those who attend Linux fests, please do usualbillity tests.

Where possible let the visitor do the install
and report your obsorvations.

A hint for guiding visitors at install fests:

 Make them feel comfortable, tell them you are watching/guarding
 and there is nothing to fear and much to discover / explore.

Cheers
Geert Stappers