partitioning

I have been trying to install debian woody on a dos formatted partition of my toshiba 1805-s274 which has 2 partitions windows xp(16gb) and free (4gb dos formated).

when i get to the partioning screen, all i see is the partition table which shows the 2 partitions above. Absolutely nothing else! Somehow, the systems seems to expect some input from me. I would have expected something like press S to select or Format or ....

How do specify the partition and proceed.