Re: screenshots in documentation

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 01:44:36PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 August 2005 13:16, George Papamichelakis wrote:
> > Maybe if we  put some screen captures from a standard installation
> > (through bochs ?) for the reference  of  very new users ?

That is a good idea.

There is at least one picture that should go into the manual:
 resize of an existing partition

Could bochs be automated for making the screen captures?
(we have many languages to document)

Can screen captures made with debconf without running the actual d-i code?
I mean that when the Templates from debian-installer source are used?

> Don't think that would help in this case. He _is_ following default
> installation procedure (the installer practically forces you to do things
> right by default).
>
> It seems to me he just lacks the background to either initialize a new
> disk or to diagnose a hardware problem properly. As he seems
> unable/unwilling to do the research needed and clearly has some problems
> writing things down in English, I feel unable to help.

Smile!  You are free to ignore unwilling bugreporters,
don't let them ruin your day.

Cheers
Geert Stappers