problem with Sarge

Hello,

I worked at Debian 3.0 (Woody) with kernel 2.2.22 and everything was fine.
Yesterday i decided install Debian 3.1r0a Sarge(kernel 2.4.27) on my computer(p2-400). Installation done perfectly, then i wanted to reboot, said 'reboot'. He stopped all processes, flushed ide devices, said to me "Restarting System." and hung.
I thought that the reason was in hardware of my computer.
Then i took another computer(Xeon 3G), walked installation of the same Sarge distr, try to reboot.... and... the system hung at the same point!

2 different computers say to me:
Rebooting... flushing ide devices: hda, hdc
Restarting system.
and hung. :(

ctrl+alt+del - the same result
shutdown -r now - the same result

Help to solve this problem. I do not know what's this!
p.s.
Both this computers have different version of phoenix bios.

thanks in advanced,
Roman