installation report - network setup failed

Debian-installer-version: Aug 19, i386 net installDate: Aug 20Method: Burned CD disk. (Would have preferred USB boot) Machine: Homebuilt Intel MicroBTX, Intel 945 chipset, Motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813121296, network: http://www.intel.com/design/network/products/lan/controllers/82573.htm
Processor: Celeron 2.53 GHz
Memory: 2 gigabytes
Root Device: SATA
Root Size/partition table: Couldn't find SATA drives
Output of lspci and lspci -n: Don't know how to do this.

Base System Installation Checklist: Error
[O] = OK, [E] = Error (please elaborate below), [ ] = didn't try it

Initial boot worked:    [O]
Configure network HW:   [e]
Config network:         [e]
Detect CD:              [o]
Load installer modules: [o]
Detect hard drives:     [e]
Partition hard drives:  [ ]
Create file systems:    [ ]
Mount partitions:       [ ]
Install base system:    [ ]
Install boot loader:    [ ]
Reboot:                 [ ]

Comments/Problems:
Couldn't find network card, I manually specified e1000, then couldn't get DNS info from DHCP, I manually specified but still didn't work. On Windows the network card is identified as Intel PRO/1000 PMDidn't find my SATA drives.Appreciate any help. I don't have another linux system right now, only windows. I read somewhere that some network issues are suppose to be fixed Aug 23.