Re: Handling translations (was: build_netboot broken - netboot_2.6/unifont.bdf ?)

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 05:48:47PM +0200, Max Vozeler wrote:
> I have a lot to learn about po-debconf :)
> Perhaps someone can help me with translation-related questions:

Update: I've found installer/doc/i18n and in fact this nice document
answers most of my questions.

> 3. is there a way to add comments to templates, to help clarify what
> the meaning and context of a particular string is? Last time I tried to
> add comments in .templates, cdebconf complained about them. (I was
> trying comments in ^# format).

I'm still wondering about this one. Other packages seem to include
comments in templates.pot, not .templates. Is templates.pot the correct
place, and are comments preserved when the file is regenerated?

cheers,
Max