Re: i810_audio : can't be loaded

On Monday 15 August 2005 15:47, xime wrote:
> I'm trying to install debian sarge 3.1 on my laptop
> acer 1692 wlmi (series acer aspire 1690)
> and on first boot i obtain an error :
> i810_audio : can't be loaded
> missing kernel or user mode driver i810_audio
>
> i search some helps but not find
> i could see some people with the same problem but no response

Hmm. I'm fairly sure we have helped with this issue before.

Are these the only error messages, or is there more before that relevant
to the problem? Does the system fail to boot completely or is it just
that the message annoys you? Did you install using the 2.4 or the 2.6
kernel (2.4 is default for Sarge)?
You don't really give us enough information to really help.

If you installed using the 2.6 kernel, the solution is probably to install
the alsa-base package so the OSS modules are blacklisted for discover and
hotplug.

You should be able to do this using the rescue method listed in question
28 of our FAQ [1]. You may have to download the alsa-base package (and
packages it depends on) using wget from a mirror and install it using
'dpkg -i'.

Also take a look at [2]. It may describe your problem.

[1] http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?DebianInstallerFAQ

Cheers,
FJP