Re: kernel panic in debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso for 05/08

On Saturday 06 August 2005 14:03, Adrian Wilford wrote:
> I have a problem with the netinst image for friday 5th August.
> I downloaded the netinst image from this url:
> http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/i386/20050805/debia
>n-testing-i386-netinst.iso (I am using the new Intel 955XBK
> motherboard).
> The install went fine, but when I tried to boot the system for the
> first time, I got the following:
>
> pivot_root: No such file or directory
> /sbin/init: 432: cannot open dev/console: No such file
> Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!

Please file a full installation report [1]. The information you provide
here is not sufficient to help you.

In general it means that the initrd did not load the drivers needed for
your disk controller or that the boot loader configuration does not point
to the correct device for the root partition.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template