Re: build d-i

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 09:59, Ali Milis wrote:
> 1. I am using sarge
> 2. I have just checked out d-i "revision 29469"
> 3. I run "dpkg-checkbuilddeps" until
> "Unmet build dependencies: libslang2-pic dpkg (>= 1.13.9)"
> ==> Sarge uses dpkg(1.10.28) and libslang2-pic is not in sarge.

If you want to build the current version of the installer (which because
of ongoing development work may be broken sometimes), you need an etch
build environment. Instead of upgrading your whole system, you can also
set up an etch chroot for that.

If you want to build the "stable" sarge version of the installer, you
should check out the sarge branch instead of trunk.