Re: timeline for beta release

Christian Perrier wrote:
Quoting Attilio Fiandrotti (fiandro@tiscalinet.it):

Hi

i would like to know how do you plan to support the gtk frontend for the future relases of the installer.

I don't know about the technical details, but actually, having the
possibility to build the graphical installer inside normal d-i builds
would help *a lot* for debugging it as well as bringing new test
cases.

neither i do know the correct way to pack everything is needed inside the netinst-cd or what packages are to be included (GTK, pango, X, fonts..) but i think that betatesting is very important. In fact i fear that if we don't start to pack it somehow inside an experimental cdrom then no one will do betatesting for the gtk-frontend and this project would "die" again. Since i'm new to the debian-installer world i'm calling for help those who know how to proceed: what should we do now?

ciao

attilio