FYI: Ubuntu installer (partly) in arch

Hi,

I've put a number of components of the Ubuntu installer in arch,
branched from imports on http://arch.ubuntu.com/ done by Canonical's
arch team from d-i SVN. This should make it somewhat clearer what's
going on, although I haven't yet split up the Ubuntu changes into single
branches per feature, which at some point I should get round to doing at
least for base-config and the like. Quite a few components are still
missing because I don't have imports for them yet.

I've used an arch config to produce an aggregate view much like
/svn/d-i/trunk/, with a few extra bits like base-config thrown in for
convenience. Unfortunately, arch configs are a little complicated to
work with, so you'll need to grab a wrapper script I wrote to make it
more convenient to keep them up to date. To do an initial checkout:

  wget http://riva.ucam.org/svn/cjwatson/bin/baz-update-config
  chmod +x baz-update-config
  # put baz-update-config somewhere on $PATH
  sudo apt-get install bazaar
  baz register-archive http://people.ubuntu.com/~cjwatson/archives/colin.watson@canonical.com--2005
  baz get colin.watson@canonical.com--2005/installer--dists--0 installer
  cd installer
  cat urls/* | xargs -n1 baz register-archive
  baz-update-config configs/devel

You might find that you have to gpg --recv-keys a few GPG key IDs as
well.

To update an existing checkout:

  baz update
  cat urls/* | xargs -n1 baz register-archive
  baz-update-config configs/devel

I hope this helps people see what's going on a little better.

Cheers,