Re: [L10N][sarge] Is the branch still used?

> I observed that there were some spelling mistakes in the Romanian
> translation in the Sarge version of d-i. With all the (offline) time I
> have on my hands now at home, I was thinking of fixing the mistakes in
> the Sarge branch.
>
> The question is: Does it make sense to do that? Will that branch be
> used in the future? If yes, will it be used only for security
> releases?

Translations changes made in trunk are propagated to sarge, so as long
as the strings you refer to are in trunk and you have fixed these
errors in the trunk, they are already fixed in sarge.

For strings which are no more in trunk, the only way to change them is
by updating the PO file in the sarge branch.

My suggestion is then:

-fix the errors in trunk
-check if the propagation to sarge PO file happened
-if not, tell me
-if the string is no more in trunk, fix directly in sarge

The sarge branch is synced weekly from the trunk. All changes go down
to packages.

However, we don't know if packages  will be recompiled or not if some
further updates to sarge installer happen.

Actually, I wouldn't spend too much time on this.